Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The London Times

Ok, so I'm not doing a good job at blogging so far. I feel like my mind has been racing around so much that it went blank!

So here we are, 'Leap Day', so I'm going to try to leap back into my blog or should I say leap into doing my blog.

I've titled this the London times because I've been in London for a week with my 4 year old and my 3 older boys arrived today. I'm going to chronicle our time here. Our adventures, mishaps, discoveries and realizations and everything in between.

The first profound piece of information my oldest said this evening as we were walking back to the apartment from the market, and to no one's surprise I had us walk in a 10 minute circle before getting on the right path while we each carried 2 very large and heavy bags of groceries, was that if we lived here, just living life and doing our normal daily activities would keep us lean and healthy. Since this is such a pedestrian city and we all do love to walk, we wouldn't stress about going to the gym or fitting in a workout because we most likely would have walked to most places we needed to go, we'd carry our belongings instead of throwing them in the backseat and if we wanted a treat or say a Starbucks, we wouldn't go through the drive, we'd walk there and back.

This is what I love about London. I love walking. I love feeling in control of my destination and more importantly in control of how I get there.

Happy leaping into the London Times!
Good night.

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment